Technical Account Manager
An excellent opportunity for an engineer to expand into an application engineering role and part sales role within an expanding and dynamic Motion Control Business.
Internal office based role located in Braintree.
A mechanical engineer with a discipline within the Automation sector or industrial setting.
Some understanding of first principles of engineering.
A confident and capable communicator with an understanding of industrial terminology.
Ability to communicate at all levels confidently both internally and externally with customers.
Multi-tasking along with managing and prioritising workloads effectively.
IT literate, knowledge of Customer Relationship Management platforms would be useful
Demonstrate a dynamic approach to dealing with the day to day demands of a technical sales process.
Work from your own initiative along with creating and managing priorities
The ability to build relationships quickly and effectively
Demonstrate resilience and tenacity
Ideally the candidate would have:
An understanding and appreciation of the principle of mechanical drive technologies, motors, screws, belts and gearboxes. Additionally a basic knowledge or understanding of industrial control system technology and electrical principles along with PLCs and industrial communications would be useful
Key Tasks for the role:
- Management of technical applications from incoming enquiries, leads from sales team & suppliers including product specification, producing proposals and quotes, following-up quotes and securing orders.
- Qualify customer opportunities and application requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Providing both pre-sales and post sales technical assistance.
- Support the internal sales team with inbound technical sales enquiries.
- Support the applications team by management of low level technical enquiries.
- Management of your own opportunities with the selection and sizing of products.
- Participation in achieving the company sales targets.
- Take part in weekly and monthly sales meetings.
- Work from your own initiative along with creating and managing priorities.
- Work well within a team.
Contact Richard Matthews on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01376 333317
We are always looking for Engineers with Motion Control experience.
Contact Mick Stone on email@example.com or 01376 333311