Leadshine - MX3660 - 3-Axis DSP Based Digital Stepper Drive
MX3660 - 3-Axis DSP Based Digital Stepper Drive Max 60 VDC / 6.0A
- Power up to 3 stepper motors of NEMA 17, 23, 24, or 34
- Sophisticated stepper motor control based on the latest DSP technology
- Built-in breakout board and I/O’s
- Step & direction Control
- 200 KHz maximum frequency for each axis
- 20 - 60 VDC supply voltage
- 1.41 - 6.0A output current per axis
- 8 micro step settings: 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/10, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64
- 8 output current settings of 1.41 - 6.0A for each axis
- Damping and anti resonance
- Allowing individual output current & micro step settings for each axis
- Input pulse smoothing for less jittering, higher torque, and quicker response
- Extra low motor heating & noise
- Extra smooth motor movement
- Simple micro step & output current configuration via DIP switches
- Fault output
- Compact size and easy setup
- 50% automatic idle current reduction
The Leadshine MX3660 is a high performance 3-axis stepper drive with built-in breakout board and I/O’s based on the latest DSP technology. It is specially designed for EASY and RAPID control of up to three 2-phase (1.8°) in frame sizes NEMA 17, 23, 24, and 34. The MX3660 3-axis stepper drive operates under 20-60 VDC input voltage and can output up to 6.0A current (peak of sinusoidal) per axis. It takes step & direction control and is easy to implement for OEM applications.
By adopting Leadshine advanced stepper motor control technology, the MX3660 3-axis stepper drive can power stepper motors in high precision, at extra smoothness, and with extra low motor heating & noise. It is featured with anti resonance, multi-stepping, vibration suppression, input command smoothing, 50% idle current reduction, etc.
The MX3660 3-axis stepper drive is easy to configure. Via the 6-pin DIP switch of each of the 3 stepper drive modules, a user can easily set the output current and micro step to one of their 8 available settings, 1.45-6.0A and full step - 1/64 respectively. Each axis can have its own current & micro step configurations to satisfy different requirements for the controlled stepper motor. For example, a user can set axis X at 8 micro step & 6.0A for a NEMA 34 motor, axis Y at 10 micro step & 2.83A to drive a NEMA 23 motor, and axis Z at 16 micro step & 1.41A to for a NEMA 17 motor.
The MX3660 3-axis stepper drive is integrated with a breakout board with a DB25 connector and built-in I/O’s. This allows convenient, easy and quick connection for controllers (e.g. PC-based control systems, motion controllers, PLC’s…) and external devices (limit switches, VFD…). It simplifies system setup, save installation space & time, minimize wiring, increase reliability, and cut costs. In addition, the MX3660 offers a built-in digital "smoother” to allow filtering/smoothing of "noise" pulses for better system performance (application dependant).
The MX3660 adopts modular designs. If any of the three stepper drive modules malfunctions, a user can simply replace it with a Leadshine SDM660 stepper drive module at minimal cost.
* Note: The MX3660 can also be used to power 4-phase (0.9°) stepper motors. In this case, there will be 400 full steps needed for each revolution. You need to make sure that the settings in your controller (motion controller, PLC, CNC control system…) are properly configured to reflect this requirement.
For help and advice on choosing the right
product call 01376 333333