Tue 25th Apr 2017 - Washdown and washdown food grade servo motors and gearboxes from Micromech.
Compact Size, Longer Life, Stainless Steel Servo Motors.
- IP69K anti-microbial seal with slinger prevents ingress of high temperature solutions used for washdown up to pressures of 1200 psi.
- Main body and front flange are manufactured from on piece eliminating a join that could allow ingress of liquids.
- The stator is potted directly into the stainless steel housing creating a very powerful compact solution.
- The housing is manufactured from 300 Series Stainless Steel, which withstands the harshest washdown environments.
- Micro polished round housing allows quick and easy cleaning.
- Segmented laminations create a very high torque to inertia ratio providing rapid acceleration.
- The rear motor plate is sealed with a double O-ring seal providing a far higher degree of protection vs. a single o-ring design.
- A breather vent prevents a pressure differential causing a vacuum effect that can suck moisture into the motor housing during washdown. The vent allows the user to run a hose to a dry air location to prevent this common cause of failure.
- Cables run directly from the housing via IP69K sealed fittings. Cables are terminated with connectors to allow easy connection with the most popular Parker drives. Connector options are also available for use with other manufacturers drives.
Kollmorgen geared motor solutions:
Kollmorgen Washdown Food and Hygienic AKM gearmotors are perfect for the majority of transport, rotary and downstream packaging applications in the food and beverage industry using standardised drive solutions. This is achieved by combining AKM servomotors with highly efficient gearheads.
Advantages of these ready-to-install drive units include:
- Significantly reduced cleaning times due to smooth and water-repellent surfaces.
- Low energy usage due to the highly efficient motor/gearhead combinations.
- Compact space saving designs without additional stainless steel casings.
- FDA-compliant materials and the specially rounded housing designs meet the highest hygiene standards and reduce the risk of product contamination.
AKM41E-BF06 - Key Features
- Washdown coated.
- Developed for regular cleaning with common cleaning products with pH2 of up to 12.
- Compact motor/gearhead technology.
- Increased service life in harsh environmental conditions.
- Gear ratio 31.1:1.
- Rated output torque 51Nm.
- Max output speed 95 rpm.
AKM62LF-F2CS-A35-59 - Key Features
- Washdown coated.
- High peak performance and with less than 1 arcmin backlash.
- Extremely compact design with highest torque efficiency.
- Long service life.
- Gear ratio 59:1.
- Rated output torque 668Nm.
- Max output speed 67 rpm.
- Holding brake.
AKM62K-BK17 Key Features
- Washdown food coated.
- Lower energy usage thanks to high efficiency servomotor and gearhead combination.
- Suitable for indirect contact with food products.
- Easy to clean due to rounded housing design.
- Gear ratio 19:36:1
- Rated output torque 175Nm.
- Max output speed 200 rpm.
- FDA-compliant coating, lubrication and bearing grease.
AKM65M-AQT-160-004 Key Features
- Hygienic stainless steel.
- Easy to clean due to hygienic design and single cable solution.
- Simple startup by means of electronic rating plate and single cable connection technology.
- Reduced risk of food products having to be recalled due to hygienic design.
- Gear ratio 4:1
- Rated output torque 64Nm.
- Max output speed 1000 rpm.
- 13 arcmin backlash.
Kollmorgen AKMH hygienic stainless steel motors:
AKMH stainless steel motors are supplied with AKD servo amplifiers matched to the application. The standard series AKD drives are supplied for mounting centrally in a control cabinet and the AKD-N series drives with the AKD-C power supply module is supplied when mounting the drive close to the motor. A decentralised servo system is particularly beneficial in machines with multiple spatially distributed axes.
AKMH servo motors are particularly efficient when combined a suitable washdown gearhead, the AquaTrue series from Thomson for example, see below.
There are 5 sizes with 4 respective rotor lengths and a range and windings a available (except for AKMH3).
Thomson Micron AquaTRUE™ True Planetary Gearheads:
The first gearhead on the market that is corrosion resistant and watertight for any application
Micron's new AquaTRUE gearhead combines the high performance and torque capacity of the TRUE Planetary gearheads with features specifically designed to meet the strict requirements of applications such as food and beverage handling, packaging and dispensing.
The AquaTRUE's IP66/IP67 and IP69K protection is able to withstand caustic cleaning chemicals as well as high pressure washdown providing manufacturers with a solution previously unavailable.
The AquaTRUE is designed to be placed anywhere within a machine, regardless of environmental factors. The cost of additional components such as enclosures, shielding or mechanical transmissions is therefore eliminated. The gearhead housing is manufactured from rust and corrosion resistant 304 stainless steel making well suited to a wide range of washdown and food applications. The AquaTRUE's has a smooth, round external housing that is designed without any external seams or corners and its product identification number is laser etched into its body so there is no where for dirt and bacteria to collect.
- Frame Sizes: 60mm, 80mm, 120mm, 160mm
- Precision: 13 arc-min max
- Torque Capacity: up to 876 Nm
- Ratio Availability: 3:1 to 10:1 (single stage)
Features and Benefits
- Round smooth Housing
- No External Seams
- 300 Series Stainless Steel
- IP66,IP67 and IP69K protection on both the input and output.
- NSF/ANSI 169 Certification
- No corners or areas for dirt and bacteria to collect
- No areas for ingress.
- High corrosion resistance.
- Can withstand high pressure washdown.
For further information on any of these and more high quality washdown products, please contact Micromech on 01376 333333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org