Tue 11th Jun 2019 - Trio’s innovative PC-MCAT 64 is available now from Micromech!
The PC-MCAT is a "Motion PC Solution" with a powerful quad core Intel Atom processor used to drive a high performance motion controller and a compact Windows based PC that can run user applications. The PC-MCAT software uses a real-time extension to allow the motion controller and Windows to run directly on individual processor cores.
Plug and Play
The motion controller has a dedicated EtherCAT master Ethernet port which can launch data packets with less than 1 µsec of jitter. The 1.91GHz Atom processor is coupled with 4 GBytes of RAM and a high speed 64 GByte SSD to give sufficient PC performance for many types of machines.
Trio’s PC-MCAT is particularly suitable for application in which a machine requires the software and hardware facilities of a PC combined with a powerful 64 axis Motion Coordinator. The HDMI port can be used to drive high resolution displays for sophisticated operator interfaces.
The large 64 GByte SSD drive can hold vast amounts of machine data and recipes. Two GBit Ethernet ports are built into the PC-MCAT. These can be used for factory communications or connecting vision camera(s) whose data can be processed directly on the PC cores.
- Motion and PC Solution for many types of automation machinery
- Compact fanless PC with an E3845 Quad Core Atom Processor at 1.91 Ghz
- Up to 64 Axis EtherCAT based Trio Motion Coordinator
- RTX64 Real Time Extension to allow Motion and Windows to run directly on individual processor cores
- Plug and Play EtherCAT configuration with expandable support for servo drives, I/O and devices from a wide variety of manufacturers
- Programmable in TrioBASIC, IEC 61131 or PC based programming languages such as "C" or .NET
- 4 GByte RAM 64 GByte SSD which can be upgraded.
- GBit ethernet ports for vision cameras, factory comms or LAN.
- RoHS and CE approved
For applications requiring capabilities beyond that of the PC-MCAT 64 the Trio PC-MCAT S offers further flexibility.
Delivered in the form of a dongle, PC-MCAT S provides the same features of the PC-MCAT hardware in a software package enabling the user to run the PC-MCAT on a suitable Windows based industrial PC
This allows the specification of the processor speed, graphics capability and memory size giving a flexible solution to suit the application.
For the full specification and further information on Trio’s PC-MCAT combined motion controller and PC please call Trio’s number one distributor and technical expert ‘Micromech’ on 01376 333333 or Email email@example.com.