Tue 5th Feb 2019 - Motion Control Sales Engineer - Southern Sales Position
Due to growing sales we are seeking to expand our sales team with a Motion Control Sales Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have a background in selling to OEMs and machine builders and have a proven track record of success within Automation market.
An electro/mechanical engineering background would be beneficial.
The applicant will need to be able to:
Be a clear and confident communicator
Create and build relationships and partnerships
Identify customer’s needs and risks
Create influence throughout the hierarchy of a customers business and prospective customers business.
Have a solid understanding of how to win new customers and create an environment conducive to winning new business.
Be a motivated individual: a self-starter and able to work as part of a team.
Having a success orientated attitude to the sales process.
Main Duties will include:
- Identify prospective customers within target markets.
- Develop and implement a strategy for winning new business on a continual basis.
- Account management, manage and maintain contact with the assigned current customers, within the TOP programme.
- Management of technical enquires from internal sales team & supplier leads, including product specification, quotation and securing order
- To support, where sensible, your own opportunities with the selection and sizing of products.
- To, liaise with the applications team for support and the selection of products, where necessary.
- Ensure regular contact with Micromech employees and participate with weekly and monthly sales activities, reporting on opportunity progress and work load.
- Use and maintain Micromech CRM system. Maintain internal documentation for recording activity and storing customer data within company processes.
- Maintaining regular contact with existing & potential customers using CRM system
- Sales visits to existing customers & prospective target accounts.
- To attend and take part in appropriate supplier and Micromech training activities.
- Liaising with suppliers regarding pricing, price negotiation and delivery.
- Regular following up of quotations & maintaining own opportunities pipeline
- Arranging and assisting with road shows and exhibitions
- Assisting and supporting the sales process with the sales team
- Attendance to the Micromech site will be required once a month or when required for other work related activities.
If you feel you have experience in most of the above areas, and are keen to join our expanding team, then please email your cv to Jon Harding firstname.lastname@example.org