Mon 25th Mar 2019 - The New Kollmorgen AKM2G series range of AC Synchronous Servo Motors from Micromech
Same performance…..20% less space.
To compliment the existing AKM Range we are pleased to announce the release of the AKM®2G for demanding applications that the standard AKM cannot meet.
- Smaller footprint helps to reduce machine space
- Increased torque provides higher performance
- Wider speed range for faster operation
- More options provide greater flexibility
- Higher efficiency due to reduced energy consumption
The AKM®2G offers 30% more torque per rating than current designs without an increase frame size.
For new machine designs, the AKM®2G motor allows customers to decrease the size, footprint, and complexity of the machine, while still getting the power and performance required.
The compact AKM®2G drops into existing machine designs to increase performance, when compared to other manufactures motors, without increasing the size of the motor.
The AKM®2G features six sizes with performance levels between 0.3 and 10kW. It will offer options such as feedbacks, mounting configurations, and performance capabilities.
- Greater than 20% average increase in torque density (torque/volume) for highest torque or smallest footprint sizing
- Six design sizes with performance levels between 0.3 and 10 kW
- Continuous torques from .651 Nm to 75.2 Nm
- Frame (mounting flange square) and stack (motor length) combinations with overlapping ratings for optimal motor package sizing
- Standard winding choices for 120VAC to 480 VAC operation with various speed/torque performance curves
- Feedback options to match application requirements and drive selection
- Hiperface DSL
- ENDAT 2.2
- Others: available soon or on request
- Connector options (as appropriate for feedback type and motor size)
- SpeedTec * (standard for single or dual cable designs)
- Y-Tec (dual connector with single insertion at motor for size 2 motors)
- System cable options for use with Kollmorgen AKD Servo Drives and the forthcoming AKD2G Servo Drives
- Single Cable SFD3/Hiperface DSL/ENDAT 2.2
- Two-Cable Variant For Resolver including ytec connector motors
- Standard IP65 rating, optional ratings available
International Standard Mount with choice of smooth shaft or closed keyway. Others options available soon or on request
- Mechanical holding brake option. Future availability for permanent magnet brake option
- Thermal sensor options for maximum motor protection and servo drive compatibility
- Low friction shaft seal options for both wet and dry running applications
* SpeedTec is a trademark of TE Connectivity Ltd