Thu 26th Jan 2017 - New from Trio Motion Technology: EtherCAT Flexslice systems allow fast and easy expansion for motion applications. Available now from Micromech.
The Flexslice system includes a selection of digital and analogue I/O modules as well as motion modules with pulse direction outputs designed for precise positioning of stepper and servo motors via the appropriate drive technology.
Digital I/O modules have high-speed functionality and analogue modules and axis modules may be fitted to make perfect tailored system that can be placed remotely from the master if required.
- Can be used with Trio or 3rd Party EtherCAT Masters.
- High performance, flexible and simple configuration.
- Bus cycle time synchronised with Motion Coordinator Servo Period.
- Bus coupler module with 2 x RJ45 Ethernet ports for EtherCAT connection.
- EtherCAT protocol remains fully intact down to individual modules using the E-bus system.
- I/O functions tightly synchronised to motion using EtherCAT distributed clocks.
- Automatic mapping to the Motion Coordinator I/O system.
- DIN rail mounted.
- Multiple practical push-in connector options – No breakouts required.
- Clip-together design with ‘quick release’ locks for mechanical integrity.
- User labelling facility
- Machine builder custom functionality options
Available Flexslice modules:
| Module Type
| EtheCAT Coupler
| 16-Out PNP
| 16-In PNP
| 3 Axis Step Pulse
| 16-Out NPN
| 16-In NPN
| 8 Analogue Out
| 8 Analogue In