Motion Control Design and Support Engineer.
We currently have a vacancy for a Motion Control Design and Support Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have a background in control systems design and software writing for machine controllers, with some knowledge/experience of mechanical systems.
Main duties will include:
- Writing of specification documents
- Production of electrical drawings (2D CAD)
- Production of control software (often in BASIC language) and drive configuration files
- Testing of control systems and some volume special products
- Production of system documentation
- On-site commissioning of control systems
- Demonstration of products to customers
- Technical support of motion control products
If you feel you have experience in most of the above areas, and are keen to join our expanding team, then please email your cv to Mick Stone email@example.com
Motion Control Sales Engineer.
Due to growing sales we are seeking to expand our sales team with a Motion Control Sales Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have a background in technical sales and electro/mechanical engineering.
Main Duties will include:
- Identify prospective customers within target markets.
- Develop and implement a strategy for winning new business on a continual basis.
- Account management, manage and maintain contact with the assigned current customers, within the TOP programme.
- Management of technical applications from incoming enquiries leads from sales team & suppliers including product specification, quotation and securing order.
- To support, where sensible, your own opportunities with the selection and sizing of products.
- To, liaise with the applications team for support and the selection of products, where necessary.
- Ensure regular contact with Micromech employees and participate with weekly and monthly sales activities, reporting on progress of opportunities and work load.
- Use and maintain Micromech CRM system.
- Maintain internal documentation for recording activity and storing customer data within company processes.
- Maintaining regular contact with existing & potential customers using CRM system
- Sales visits to existing customers & prospective target accounts.
- To attend and take part in appropriate supplier and Micromech training activities.
- Liasing with suppliers regarding pricing, price negotiation and delivery.
- Regular following up of quotations & maintaining own opportunities pipeline.
- Ensuring CRM system is maintained and updated relative to own pipeline activities.
- Dealing with incoming sales and technical calls.
- Arranging and assisting with road shows and exhibitions
- Assisting and supporting the sales process with the sales team
- Attendance to the Micromech site will be required once a month or when required for other work related activities.
If you feel you have experience in most of the above areas, and are keen to join our expanding team, then please email your cv to Jon Harding firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently have a vacancy for an apprentice leading to a role in Technical Sales or control system design.
The successful candidate will have a strong interest in electro/mechanical engineering and will have preferably left school with good grade A levels is Maths, Physics and English. They will be enrolled on a day release engineering course at Colchester Institute with the opportunity to continue up to HNC level. During the up to 5 year apprenticeship the apprentice will experience all relevant aspects of the company, spending time in different departments including System Design, Wiring and Assembly and Sales.
Please contact Mark Hall (01376 333313) or Richard Matthews (01376 333317) for more information.
We are always looking for Engineers with Motion Control experience.
Contact Mick Stone on email@example.com or 01376 333311