Renishaw - RGH24 - Incremental Encoder System with RGS Linear Scale
RGH24 linear encoder system
The open, non-contact RGH24 readhead uses Renishaw's unique flexible 20 µm RGS20-S tape scale and offers resolutions to 10 nm. The compact RGH24 is ideal for use in microstages, actuators, and other space restricted applications.
RGH24 readhead features and benefits
- Super-compact readhead with internal interpolation offers industry standard digital and analogue outputs
- Non-contact design offers high speed, reliable operation with zero friction and zero wear
- Integral set-up LED enables easy readhead installation
- Filtering optics guarantee excellent signal stability in conditions unsuitable for most open, optical encoders
- The reference mark provides a repeatable home position whilst the limit offers end of axis travel indication.
- Available with many connector options including a 10-way JST connector for simple integration
RGS20-S 20 µm pitch tape scale
20 µm RGS20-S is manufactured from a thin flexible steel strip, which is gold plated to give high reflectivity and corrosion resistance. It may be mounted, using adhesive backing tape, to most engineering materials, including metals, ceramics, and composites.
- Scale is supplied on a reel and can be cut to suit any axis length up to 70 m
- RGS-S scale matches the thermal behaviour of the substrate it is affixed to, simplifying thermal compensation
- Applicator tool enables fast and accurate scale installation
- Lacquer coated scale is easy to clean and resistant to handling
- 'Cut-to-measure' convenience ensures minimum waste and efficient inventory management
- ±3 µm/m linearity enables high accuracy with simple compensation
For help and advice on choosing the right
product call 01376 333333